Even if your team isn't playing in the Super Bowl, game day is a great reason to make and eat all your "football favorites." We went ahead and created a recipe that is fun, easy, and marginally good for you! These cute little apps are part potato skin, part jalapeno popper, and 100% delicious!
Creamy, crunchy, spicy, even a hint of sweet. You can make them a day or two in advance, and pop them in the oven on game day to finish (step 4). So easy!
We'd love to hear what your go-to game day recipe is- and since the Hawks aren't in it... go Falcons!
Jalapeno Popper Potato Skins
10-12 small potatoes (fingerling or new)
1 jalapeno pepper, diced (taste it and decide if its hot enough, if not add another pepper)
3 tablespoons cream cheese (we used Tofutti)
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon granulated onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2-3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
jarred red pepper jelly for dipping/drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
2. Once potatoes have cooled enough to handle, cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop flesh out leaving a small 1/8th inch border of "potato" in the skin. Spray with olive or coconut oil spray and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes.
3. Place potato flesh, jalapeno, garlic, onion, salt and pepper into a small bowl. Mash with a potato masher or use an immersion blender to cream everything together. Scoop mashed potato mixture into the potato skins and top with a slice of jalapeno.
4. Return potatoes to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
5. Serve drizzled with red pepper jelly
*Thanks to Wild Hare Organic Farm for the amazing vegetables. We couldn't create these amazing recipes without the lovely vegetables we get in our weekly CSA share. Two Kitchen Collision received no compensation for this post and the recipe idea was entirely our own.